Child visas for Australia

What Australian visa is your child eligible for?

Under the Child Visa Stream, applicants who are dependent children of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, or applicants who are dependent on a parent who holds a temporary partner visa may be eligible for an Australian Child visa.

Australian child visas

Australian child visaGetting one of these visas will allow a child to live in Australia either temporarily or permanently.

There are three types of children visas depending on their parent's circumstances:

Temporary visas

What temporary Australian visa for my child?

The Subclass 445 visa is a temporary visa that is available to children or step-children of holders of temporary partner visa (Sc 309 or 820). A dependent child visa holder can then be included in their parent's permanent Partner visa application (Sc 100 or 801).

Read more

Permanent visas

Find out about us and our range of services.
Find out more


Discover the main Australian visa options.
Find out more

Eligibility assessment

Take our online visa eligibility assessment.
Find out more


Contact our team of Registered Migration Agents.
Find out more