Who qualifies for a Dependent Child resident visa (Sc 101 and Sc 802)?
Children or step-children of Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizens may qualify for a resident visa under Subclasses 101 or 802.
- Applicants for a child visa under Sc 101 must be outside of Australia at the time of application and at the time of visa decision.
- Applicants for a child visa under Sc 802 must be in Australia at the time of application and at the time of visa decision.
Do I need a Registered Migration Agent to help?
Because the success of your application is based on a thorough preparation and review of the eligibility criteria, it is recommended to have your application by a registered migration agent to ensure you will meet Australia immigration requirements and avoid costly disappointment.
What can a the holder of Subclasses 101 and 802 child visas do?
Holders of Child visa can:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work in Australia for any employer or be self-employed
- study in Australia as a domestic student
- receive free or subsidised health care at publicly funded health services (Medicare)
- receive free education at state-run primary and secondary schools, and subsidised fees for domestic students at private schools and tertiary institutions
- be a sponsor for eligible relatives to come to Australia
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
Costs & timeframes