Employer Sponsored visa options for Australia
There are temporary and permanent employer sponsored visas options available and the following factors will determine which visa you may be eligible for:
- The employer and their location;
- Your age and English competency;
- If your occupation is on the STSOL, MLTSSL or ROL skilled list;
- If you have the relevant qualifications and experience.
The following information provides a summary of each employer-sponsored visa category.
Subclass 186 visa – Employer Nomination Scheme
The Subclass 186 visa is permanent residence visa for skilled workers nominated by an Australian employer.
There are 3 streams available under Sc 186 visa:
- The Direct Entry stream is for applicants whose occupation is on the MLTSSL, who have a positive skills assessment in their nominated occupation and have at least three years of employment at the required skilled level.
- The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Stream is for Sc 482 visa holders who have worked for their nominating employer for at least 3 years.
- The Labour Agreement Stream is for applicants who are sponsored by an employer under a labour agreement, providing the Sc 186 visa was included as an option in the negotiated labour agreement under Sc 482 visa.
Sc 186 visa holders can:
- stay in Australia indefinitely (with valid travel conditions)
- work in Australia
- study in Australia as a domestic student
- receive free or subsidised health care at publicly funded health services (Medicare)
- receive free education at state-run primary and secondary schools, and subsidised fees for domestic students at private schools and tertiary institutions
- be a sponsor for eligible relatives to come to Australia
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
Not sure what visa is right for you?
Take our online eligibility assessment or get in touch with our team!